Monday, April 26, 2010

psychology of adventure

As previously mentioned by Dave, on our road trip way to Montauk, we made an odd bathroom stop. In hopes that there would be some kind of a familiar stop after making the turn into an exit, we were frighteningly aware that we had turned into what appeared to be a severely dilapidated and abandoned psych ward. 


Dave and I, having the love for adventure and suspense, decided to park the car and take a look around. Although I did not catch it in time there was a human-like cat perched on this pile of debris at one point.


The lot was huge, stretching in abandonment for what seemed like miles. Doors creaked and animals squeaked: it felt wrong to be taking an afternoon stroll at this place. 





After taking photos and exchanging feelings of eeriness, we sped out of there and were back on route to Montauk, which had a much sunnier disposition in comparison. But what makes me eager to share the photos and the story is how much I love that Dave gets the same thrill as I do from peering in awe at something in ruins, as much as he gets a thrill out of peering out at something as beautifully alive as the ocean water (just as I do). We are ever curious, and I am happy to report that we have a life of adventure ahead of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment