Friday, April 23, 2010

Pond Sticks and Paper Clips

Feel a bit weird bouncing back into the Montauk Posts after that. It warms my heart to know you're sitting across from me right now Melissa, and I love the post.

There was one place I neglected to make note of which gave both of us the chills during the drive out: An old psychiatric ward in Long Island which we passed on a bathroom break. I will wait to post so it's not adjacent to the post below or perhaps have Melissa fill in details if interested. I think she has much better images than I.

Seems a new term has been coined out in Montauk which we got a kick out of: "Pond Sticks" (Courtesy Melissa)

This is an photo Melissa actually took with the point-and-shoot outside of Harvest - a nice restaurant on the water.



We also went out to Crow's nest, where apparently a Sex and the City star had their reception.

Long story short, although Mario was super nice and there was a huge pirate ship out front (we met at a pirate karaoke joint), it was a bit unexpected to see cut-outs from 1980's wedding magazines showing pan seared scallops and veggies, but be told we would have hot dogs and watermelon :) I'm fair game with almost anything, she's the right woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment