Sunday, September 5, 2010

pretty dresses + pretty love

It is official - we have settled on a date.

05.07.11

It is very exciting, and every little detail to get started, is falling into the right place!

After having found the dress of my dreams with my best friend and bridesmaid, Angelica, I decided to go back a second time with my wonderful future mother-in-law to make sure I wasn't crazy. Turns out I am not crazy. She loves the dress too, even with it just being a design + not the dress made to fit my body. Now, being as unique and special as it is, it has to be made by the dear Kelima K. First fitting is January, and then I am on my way to wearing a beautiful gown on my walk down the aisle towards a beautiful man.

(Best part of the dress = it reminds me of the film that my mom had me watching all of the time when I was a kid called "Somewhere in Time". I looked up costumes from the movie, and realized the image below was an actual scene that the dress specifically conjured up for me. Sleeves aren't as long though!)


Next on the agenda is to send out our save the dates. Since our wedding is going to be a picnic/farm/intimate affair, we are hoping to create an invitation set that speaks to the more casual and fun-loving theme. The inspiration below.


In other planning news, we are also looking at photographers, with our heart set on Jagger Photography, as well as hotel bookings, catering, and music. So many darn things to think about! But we can promise that there will be lots of fun to be had! Can't wait....

Have any ideas? Send them our way!

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys. Also: just clicked on Jagger Photography and they have one of my favorite musicians, Sondre Lerche, playing in the background. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete